Lumineers are ultra thin porcelain tooth coverings. They can cover up dental problems such as chipped or discolored teeth. You’ll notice a significant improvement in your smile when you compare Lumineers before and after photos. And if you’re wondering how much are Lumineers, the answer is: a little less than porcelain veneers. At Broadway Family Dental in Brooklyn, NY we use only the best dental materials available in the USA. We work with top dental labs in New York and use only the highest quality dental components available on the market today including the best quality medical grade titanium or titanium alloy for dental implants.
You may have heard of veneers for your teeth. Brooklyn dentists have used them for years to correct many cosmetic dental issues. Lumineers are the next evolution of veneers. Ultrathin at less than a quarter of a millimeter, these slender porcelain coverings offer the benefits of normal veneers while eliminating some of the drawbacks.
Traditional veneers require removing some of your tooth enamel to provide room for their placement. The removal of the enamel makes the procedure irreversible and can cause sensitivity to hot and cold foods and liquids. Lumineers use a special porcelain called Cerinate. This special porcelain is very strong and lightweight, so instead of the normal half-millimeter or more of space needed for veneer placement, Lumineers are much thinner, so your dentist in Brooklyn, NY doesn’t have to remove any enamel.
Lumineers Before and After
Lumineers address most of the same dental concerns traditional veneers resolve. And when you check your Lumineers before and after, you’ll notice the significant difference they make. With Lumineers, you can expect to:
- Whiten and brighten discolored teeth from root canal treatments, antibiotic staining, excessive fluoride, aging or large resin fillings
- Reshape worn down or small, misshapen teeth
- Repair or cover chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Straighten misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth as an alternative to orthodontics
- Eliminate the spacing and gaping between teeth
- Renew old dental work, as Lumineers can be placed on top of old crowns and bridgework
Because Lumineers don’t require any drilling or cutting of your tooth enamel, you experience no pain or needles. And you don’t need temporary veneers while the lab constructs your personalized Lumineers. They take less time to make, but have the same stain-fighting properties as traditional veneers. Thinner, stronger and more translucent than traditional veneers, Lumineers better mimic natural teeth.
Procedure for Lumineers
Your Brooklyn dentist can fit your new Lumineers often in two visits. The first hour-long visit is the consultation visit when your dentist:
- Helps you determine what you hope your smile to look like
- Makes impressions of your teeth and jaw
- Takes photos — and possibly X-rays — of your teeth and jaw
- Sends all this information to the lab to construct your custom-made veneers
The second hour-long visit consists of fitting and bonding your Lumineers to your teeth. Your dentist in Brooklyn, NY makes some moderate etching in your teeth to ensure a strong bond. After your Lumineers are placed, the dentist checks your bite. You and your dentist compare your Lumineers before and after photos to make sure you’re satisfied. You may require a follow-up to make sure the bonds are holding and your gums remain healthy.
Questions for Your Brooklyn Dentist
One of the key questions to ask your dentist is: How much are Lumineers? Depending on the number and location of your teeth to be covered, Lumineers cost between $800 and $2,000 a tooth. Considering the question of how much are Lumineers, you should make sure that’s the solution you’re seeking. And remember their longevity; some patients have had their Lumineers for up to 20 years!
Other questions to ask your Brooklyn dentist include:
- How many veneer and Lumineers patients have you seen in the last year?
- Do you have Lumineers before and after photos of past patients?
- What type of veneer do you recommend for me?
- You’ve told me how much are Lumineers; do you have any financing options?
Advantages and Concerns
As with any dental procedure, knowing the pros and cons keeps you informed and pleased with your decision. Not everyone is a candidate for Lumineers, as everyone has different dental needs. Your dentist should address your budgetary concerns in a discussion about how much are Lumineers.
In rare cases, Lumineers may not last as long as traditional veneers because of their thinness. If you put excessive pressure on your teeth or grind and clench often, you may loosen or dislodge your Lumineers. Keep in mind that Lumineers are not repairable. If chipped or cracked, they must be replaced.
Many patients find the benefits of Lumineers far exceed any concerns:
- Lumineers can cost less than traditional veneers.
- These ultrathin coverings can last between five and 20 years.
- The translucency of Lumineers best reproduces the appearance of natural enamel.
- New Lumineers are often ready in three to seven days.
- There’s no anesthesia, drilling, numbing or grinding required.
- Lumineers’ application is considered painless.
- Unlike traditional veneers, Lumineers are reversible because your tooth enamel is preserved.
Broadway Family Dental offers quality products to help you achieve your most affordable, comfortable and self-assured smile. Your Brooklyn dentist wants to keep your mouth attractive and healthy. Make an appointment today to ask about Lumineers.
What is the main difference between lumineers and veneers?
The main difference between teeth lumineers and dental veneers is the amount of tooth preparation needed for their placement. Traditional veneers require the removal of a thin layer of enamel from your teeth before they can be placed.
When it comes to Brooklyn lumineers, they do not require any tooth preparation. They are simply bonded into place. Due to the fact that lumineers are ultra-thin, they do not require any tooth preparation.
Is lumineers procedure covered by dental insurance?
You have to keep in mind that lumineers are not covered by dental insurance. It is explained by the fact that lumineers are normally placed for purely cosmetic purposes. You can always contact Broadway Family Dental and get the detailed information regarding affordable lumineers price, the payment options we accept and the financing plans we have.
Do you have any questions for Dr. Ella Dekhtyar a Brooklyn dentist regarding dental lumineers in Brooklyn? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the top Brooklyn cosmetic dentist, Dr. Dekhtyar of Broadway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, please contact our office for a consultation.
Brooklyn, NY 11221
☎ (718) 455-4400