The best teeth whitening comes from a professional like your local Brooklyn dentist for bright, white teeth. While professional whitening can take different forms, laser teeth whitening at Broadway Family Dental, a cosmetic dentistry center, delivers phenomenal results. Laser treatments may add to your teeth whitening costs, but laser whitening in Brooklyn is an effective, quick, and painless procedure.
Medications, food and drink, tobacco, trauma, and even aging can all affect the color of your teeth. With each decade that you age, your teeth can become one to two shades darker.
Surface stains are a huge culprit, but as the dentin structure below your enamel grows, it causes the color pigments inside to become more prominent.
Genetics — as well as oral hygiene and nutrition — also play a role.
While many at-home options are available, there are risks associated with these methods. Trays, strips, and toothpaste are available over the counter.
But overuse can damage your enamel, and you may get uneven whitening if you don’t do it just right. At-home options also take several weeks before you see noticeable results.
Professional Teeth Whitening Services
Alternatively, professional whitening takes less time and delivers better overall results. Your Brooklyn dentist can restore your youthful, glowing smile in about two hours with the best teeth whitening procedures in New York, including laser and GLO teeth whitening. From custom trays and take-home bleaching kits to topical treatments and laser teeth whitening in Brooklyn, personalized services targeting your specific needs are available.
If you’re concerned with teeth whitening costs, take-home kits or trays maybe your best option. It’s just a matter of choice between saving money or getting faster, better, and longer-lasting results from professional or in-office treatment, such as laser whitening. Get the facts; the choice is yours.
Best Teeth Whitening Process
Your Brooklyn dentist has been trained to provide the safest, most effective laser teeth whitening. The process is quick and painless, and the results are instantly noticeable. Your dentist:
- Examines and cleans your teeth to remove any surface stains and ensure the health of your teeth and gums
- Protects your gums with a cloth or rubber shield
- Places a concentrated, non-migratory bleaching gel directly on your teeth, a peroxide gel that’s custom-mixed to your specific needs
- Uses a laser, after protecting your eyes with special glasses, to whiten your teeth — the laser beam accelerates the bleaching process and removes the buildup that accumulates on your teeth.
The actual laser whitening process takes about an hour. The exact time depends on many factors, such as the number of teeth to be treated and the current condition of your teeth.
Advantages of Laser Whitening
As one of the latest innovations in modern dentistry, laser whitening has many advantages:
- It’s extremely safe.
- The whitening treatment takes about an hour.
- It effectively removes stains and marks, even from tough antibiotic staining.
- It makes your teeth whiter and brighter than their normal color.
- There are no incisions, stitches, or anesthesia.
- A professional monitors you during the process to maintain your oral health.
- It reduces the chance of gum sensitivity that may occur with home kits.
- You can achieve nine or 10 different color shades.
- There’s no need for extensive or uncomfortable hardware, as in many home remedies.
- You don’t need abrasives or risk stripping the enamel from your teeth.
- You usually don’t need follow-up visits, depending on the severity and extent of your stains.
Disadvantages of Laser Teeth Whitening
One of the major disadvantages of this process is the teeth whitening cost. Most sessions can cost up to $1,000, and most dental insurance won’t cover this procedure. However, the teeth whitening cost pays for itself over time, especially if you have a busy lifestyle — as the whitening occurs in only one visit.
Rarely, some people have reported sore gums for a few days after the laser whitening. The laser whitening effect is not permanent, either. You may have to repeat the procedure in two to three years to continue to see your desired brightness with proper maintenance.
If you have had past dental work such as crowns, bridges, veneers, or implants, especially toward the front of your mouth, your dentist may not recommend teeth whitening. The whitening agents only work on natural teeth, and your previous dental work was colored to match your teeth at the time of the dental service.
Laser Whitening in Brooklyn
No one wants a yellow, brown, or gray smile. The glow of bright teeth signals youth and health. While genetics, past choices, or simple aging might discolor your teeth, your dentist has options for you to consider to bring back the confidence-building smile you desire.
Quick, safe, effective, and long-lasting — these describe laser teeth whitening at our clinic. Widely considered the best teeth whitening procedure available, laser whitening is often done before other dental work, such as veneers or crowns, to match your teeth for your best look. Laser teeth whitening in Brooklyn provides consistent results for your best teeth whitening experience.
Do you have any questions for dentist Dr. Ella Dekhtyar regarding laser teeth whitening in Brooklyn? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the top cosmetic dentist, Dr. Dekhtyar of Broadway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry? Please contact our office for a consultation.
Brooklyn, NY 11221
☎ (718) 455-4400