Ceramic braces, also known as clear braces, are less noticeable on your teeth than traditional braces. This is a crucial advantage for people who do not want to be self-conscious about wearing them. Our best-in-class ceramic braces dentists in Brooklyn make sure that our patients receive the highest caliber of quality dental care. Broadway Family Dental is a clinic where all your dental concerns will be addressed with the highest level of attentiveness and professionalism.
What Are Ceramic Braces?
If you’re looking for an almost-invisible orthodontic option to correct the alignment of your teeth, you might consider ceramic braces at our family dentistry clinic in Brooklyn, New York. Created from composite materials, braces blend-in with the color of your teeth. Because they are “tooth-colored” and the mini rubber bands that hold archwires to the teeth are also tooth-colored or even colorless they are almost invisible. Clear braces are just as strong as traditional metal and yet resist staining.
What Are the Advantages of Ceramic Braces?
Below you will find a quick breakdown of the main advantages of this type of braces.
- Straighten misaligned teeth and bring imbalanced jaws into correct alignment.
- Without correction, crowded and crooked teeth can be difficult to clean properly, leading to periodontal disease.
- When teeth and jaws are poorly aligned, the extra effort required to chew can strain muscles and tendons, causing long-term pain.
- This type of braces blends with most teeth, particularly if they are not perfectly white, and are not very noticeable at a distance or in photographs.
- Many patients feel that they are more comfortable than metal brace and irritate the lips and gums less.
With these and other benefits, it’s easy to learn and practice effective routine orthodontic cleaning at home and it’s actually similar to the routine you would use without your orthodontics. Because bits of food can become lodged in the brackets and wires, be diligent about frequent brushing and flossing, especially after meals, to avoid cavities and the buildup of tartar.
Even more important: keep your clear braces from breaking or becoming loose, it’s best to give up some hard and sticky foods up for the duration of your treatment such as candy, tough vegetables, nuts, hard-crusted bread, pizza, and bubble gum.
What Are the Consideration for Clear Ceramic Braces?
Before making the final decision, you should take the following aspects into account:
- The clear/white ligatures (elastics) can become stained, defeating the aesthetics of the ceramic dental braces. Monthly adjustments and replacement of ligatures are important.
- Typically more expensive than traditional metal brackets.
- Treatment can take a few months longer.
- They are slightly larger than metal brackets.
- For cases with severe problems, ceramic brackets may not be strong enough to withstand the forces of some types of treatment.
Do These Braces Stain?
Your white ceramic braces are resistant to stain. At Brooklyn Family Dental we use the highest quality braces made with stain-resistant technology to maintain an invisible and discreet look. However, the clear elastic bands may become discolored. The good news is that these get changed out at every Brooklyn dentist visit.
The best way to prevent staining the clear bands is by avoiding foods that can stain even your natural teeth. These foods include coffee, wine, and dark sodas. If you cannot imagine your mornings without a cup of coffee, just make sure to brush your teeth or rinse your mouth with water immediately after consuming the staining food or drink. This will minimize the time your teeth and elastic bands are in contact with the staining agent.
How to Care for Ceramic Dental Braces?
If you take good care of your ceramic braces they will remain whiter longer and your teeth will remain healthier. Make sure to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. If you have braces, orthodontists recommend brushing and flossing after every meal. If that is not possible for you, rinse your mouth out with water to prevent food build-up under the braces.
- Don’t use whitening toothpaste when brushing your teeth because this can cause the visible part of your teeth to become whiter than the tooth under the braces.
- Don’t smoke, because this can cause the elastic bands to become yellow. Smoking causes more dental plaque to build up on your teeth and your clear braces bands. This will also cause uneven discoloration on your teeth after you remove your braces because the teeth underneath the braces were not exposed to cigarette smoke.
- Consider wearing a mouthguard during athletic activities if you have white ceramic braces to protect your teeth from getting damaged. Talk to your dentist about mouthguards you can wear with your braces.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Are Clear Braces?
Ceramic braces cost can vary between $4,000 to $8,000. Just like other braces, they are not normally covered by medical or dental insurance plans. If you want to have part of the cost covered, you will need to purchase a separate orthodontic plan. Even if your dental plan covers orthodontic treatment, braces may still not be covered if you are getting them for cosmetic purposes. You can expect to be reimbursed if you undergo this type of treatment to correct severe malocclusion or other dental disorders that impact normal oral functioning.
How Long Do Clear Ceramic Braces Take to Work?
On average, clear braces take around a year and a half to three years to straighten teeth. When comparing ceramic braces vs metal braces, the latter takes less time. Because of the durability issues of ceramic dental braces, brackets need to be replaced more often to keep them from breaking under pressure. This leads to slower adjustment time. The straightening process can take longer because of delays caused by broken brackets.
What Colors Can You Pick From?
Through the course of your treatment, you will be able to change the color of each component of your ceramic braces.
These components include:
- Archwires: Wires that curve around your teeth, connecting all the brackets and applying pressure to your teeth to straighten them.
- Brackets: These components stick to your teeth and are normally offered in white and various skin shades.
- Elastic bands: they attach to hooks on the brackets.
Visit your dentistry expert in Broadway regularly to make sure your clear braces are working properly, but also to keep them white. Your orthodontic specialist will replace your old elastic bands with new clear ones. Get in touch with us today to find out more about Ceramic Braces in Brooklyn, New York. You can finally stop searching for “the best ceramic braces near me” and schedule a consultation with our experienced orthodontist to see which teeth straightening options is best for you.
(Bushwick, Williamsburg, Bedford-Stuyvesant)
☎ (718) 455-4400