When you lose one or more teeth, you have options to replace them with artificial teeth. Dental implants are permanent tooth replacements. You can get a single tooth implant, mini dental implants or full dental implants. The dental implant procedure requires surgery, so it’s not inexpensive, but affordable teeth implants are often trouble-free replacements for your missing teeth in Brooklyn, NY.
At Broadway Family Dentistry, the leading dental implant specialist Dr. Dekhtyar uses only the best dental materials available in the USA. We work with top dental labs in New York and use only the highest quality dental components available on the market today including the best quality medical grade titanium or titanium alloy for dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Tooth loss occurs due to periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury. Previously, bridges and dentures were your only options. Cosmetic dentistry has developed the dental implant procedure to mimic natural teeth and reduce or eliminate many of the drawbacks of more traditional tooth replacement procedures.
Dental implants can replace one or more teeth. Because it replaces the tooth root, it provides a strong foundation for permanent teeth or removable teeth. Your local Brooklyn dentist ensures the artificial crown matches your existing teeth.
Orthodontists are using mini implants more often as a technique for straightening teeth. Small and temporarily fixed to the bone, mini dental implants act as anchors to move teeth to the desired position. Unlike other affordable teeth implants in Brooklyn, mini implants are removed once they’ve done their job.
Dental Implant Procedure in Brooklyn
Whether you need a single tooth implant or full dental implants, the procedure is the same:
- Your Brooklyn dentist assesses your condition and your needs to develop a tailored treatment plan.
- If you have any remaining tooth root, it has to be removed through a root canal.
- If you need a bone graft because you have insufficient bone for the implant to adhere to, this surgery is scheduled before the dental implant procedure. It takes two to six months for you to heal.
- Your local dentist places a small titanium post in the bone socket of the missing tooth or teeth. The bone heals and grows around the post, usually in about 12 weeks.
- Once healed, your dentist places an abutment, a connector post, onto the titanium post in your jaw.
- Your dentist makes impressions and creates a model of your bite to fit the new crown.
- The replacement tooth, or crown, is cemented to the abutment.
- If you’re receiving detachable or removable dentures, attachments on the abutment support them.
You’re given a local anesthetic to insert the root implant. Most people report very little discomfort during their installation of dental implants, easily controlled by over-the-counter medications. Since there’s no root or root nerve, many say they experience less pain than a tooth extraction. Normal brushing, flossing, and mouthwash are all that’s needed for aftercare.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Many people prefer the advantages of dental implants over more traditional tooth replacement methods. Advantages include:
- Improved appearance. The implants mimic your natural tooth and tooth root. As the post fuses with the bone and becomes permanent, you may forget which tooth is an implant and which are your natural teeth.
- No discomfort. Since the post and crown mimic your natural teeth, you stop experiencing the discomfort of ill-fitting or slipping dentures.
- Improved speech. Traditional dentures can slip or become ill-fitting over time as your mouth changes, causing mumbling or slurred speech. Since even full dental implants are permanent or securely attached, you stop worrying about it and speak more naturally.
- No food concerns. Denture wearers must avoid certain foods because of the movement of their dentures. After even full denture implants, you can return to a normal diet without concerns.
- Improved self-esteem. You enjoy the benefits of improved confidence as you no longer feel self-conscious about the gaps in your smile or worry about ill-fitting hardware.
- No other teeth are affected. A bridge requires the tooth to be altered to provide an anchor. It’s often under pressure to support the bridge. Especially with single tooth implants, your other teeth are unaffected.
- A lifetime of use. The dental implant procedure provides a very stable and durable platform with the post adhering to the bone. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Less worry. With a fixed implant process, you no longer need to deal with messy removable dentures or adhesives. Convenient and natural-appearing, even full dental implants result in a return to the quality of life you experienced before you lost teeth.
Dental Implant Concerns to Discuss with Your Brooklyn Dentist
As with any dental implant procedure or surgery, you should discuss concerns and risks with your local dentist. To receive dental implants near me, you need healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant in place. Even a single tooth implant can be expensive, and many insurance companies don’t cover the procedure, even though dentists prefer the procedure over other tooth replacement methods.
Rare risks include infection, fracture of the dental implant, overloading the implant, damage to the surrounding area and poor positioning. Poor bone quality causes “peri-implantitis” or inflammation of the gum and bone surrounding the implant. Peri-implantitis is very rare.
The longevity and durability of implants make the dental implant procedure an effective choice for those who want to return to the look and feel of their natural teeth. Recovery is relatively quick, and the side effects are minimal.
Do you have any questions for Dr. Ella Dekhtyar a Brooklyn dentist regarding Dental Implants near me, mini & full dental implants? Would you like to schedule an appointment with the top Brooklyn cosmetic dentist, Dr. Dekhtyar of Broadway Family and Cosmetic Dentistry? Please contact our office for a consultation regarding affordable teeth implants.
Brooklyn, NY 11221
☎ (718) 455-4400