Damon clear braces are an ideal option as clear braces for adults when you want to improve your appearance and increase the odds of keeping your teeth healthy. When it comes to clear braces vs. metal braces, clear braces win every time. Clear ceramic braces are nearly invisible, so no one has to know that you’re taking the important step to straighten your teeth. And the tugging on your jaw is so subtle that even you may forget that you’ve been fitted with them. Talk to your dentist at Brooklyn, NY family dentistry clinic about whether or not you’re a good candidate for these adult braces. He’s trained in the Damon method
Misaligned or crooked teeth can cause concerns such as periodontal disease, improper wear and tear on teeth and jaw pain. Adults can suffer as much as, if not more than, children. Fortunately, braces are no longer just for adolescents. As the technology continues to improve, adults have begun to enjoy more options for adjusting their teeth. Today, a revitalized smile, greater confidence and better oral health are within reach.
Adults, however, usually prefer a more aesthetically pleasing option than the typical “metal-mouth” associated with normal braces. Clear braces and specifically, Damon clear braces, offer you a choice for your orthodontic treatment. A barely visible option, clear braces for adults have advantages and disadvantages for you to consider.
Clear Braces vs. Metal Braces
Because clear braces aren’t quite as strong as normal metal braces, they can’t fix some of the misalignment issues adults may suffer from. But Damon clear braces can address most orthodontic concerns, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Crooked teeth
Typically worn for 18 to 24 months, clear ceramic braces have several benefits over metal braces. Adults are particularly pleased with the benefits that clear braces provide, such as:
- Greater discretion
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Resistant to staining
Other Benefits of Clear Ceramic Braces
Clear braces for adults, specifically Damon clear braces, have added benefits not experienced by those wearing other clear braces or invisible aligners. Damon clear braces provide:
- Fewer office visits for those with clear braces vs. metal braces
- The combination of “tieless” braces using high technology arch-wires
- Higher resistance to staining than other composites
- Quick movement of teeth
- No tightening needed
- Gentler action on your teeth and gums
- No elastomeric rings, so there’s less area to collect bacteria and plaque, reducing gingival issues
- Lower rates of relapse than invisible aligners
- Lack of binding and friction means greater comfort than conventional metal braces
- Reduced chance of extractions and other painful procedures such as palatial extenders
With Damon clear braces, your Brooklyn family dentist can take into consideration your facial proportions when planning how your teeth should align. This creates a more pleasing arrangement of your teeth and jawline after treatment.
Concerns Regarding Clear Braces for Adults
As with any method of teeth alteration, there are some concerns that your cosmetic dentist should address before you agree to wear Damon braces. To make the most informed decision regarding your orthodontic health, be sure you know:
- The composite material of clear braces isn’t as strong as metal and may be more brittle.
- Some types of ligatures used can stain, though these are often changed during the treatment process.
- Some misalignment concerns may require longer treatment time with clear braces vs. metal braces.
- Damon braces aren’t removable like invisible aligners, so you may experience slight discomfort or speech and eating issues.
- Clear braces are more expensive than conventional metal braces, although Damon clear braces are comparable to invisible aligners in cost.
The Perks of the Damon Clear Braces Method
Many adults find that choosing to pursue clear braces treatment provides the added benefits of making their adult features more pleasing all the way around. Your Broadway Family Dental specialist trained in the Damon method considers your lifestyle, profile and the shape of your face at present and how it will look as you age. Changes in your teeth and the added positive facial sculpting provide more satisfaction and longer-lasting results. Perks include:
- More pleasing facial symmetry, balance and aesthetics
- Decrease in dark triangles often located at the corners of the mouth
- Enhancements to your overall profile
- More youthful, fuller smile
- Pleasingly smooth contours of your cheeks
- Reduction in smile lines
- And of course, straighter, confidence-inspiring teeth
While concerns over appearance often send individuals to their first orthodontic visit, many other issues can be addressed with properly aligned teeth. Studies show that straightened teeth also enhance digestion, reduce headaches, and eliminate much of the stress on bones and tissue that can occur with an improper bite or crooked teeth.
Because first impressions are important and a beautiful smile greatly enhances your confidence, orthodontic procedures can make a noticeable difference. Healthier teeth and gums, a broader, more youthful smile, and enhanced facial features all combine to allow you to make a great impression. The discrete but effective Damon clear braces system provides lifetime-lasting benefits for your oral health as well as your overall appearance and self-confidence.
Types of Clear Braces
1. Clarity Clear Braces: From 3M Unitek Cosmetic Allure of a transclucent bracket which have metal slots that allows the wire to slide freely.
2. Inspire Ice Clear Braces: From Ormco are crystal clear ceramic brackets that claim to be the only transparent low profile bracket on the market which means they dont stand out compared with other clear braces. Comfortable because of the smooth design.
3. InVu Clear Braces: From TP Ortho are less bulky than other clear braces but combine translucent aesthetics with the strength of metal braces making them more durable.
4. Luxi Clear Braces: From Rock Mountain Ortho have gold metal slots on the clear bracket for the wire to slide, while others use silver slots.
5. Mystique Clear Braces: From GAC international boast of an optimum level of translucence that allow the ceramic brackets to blend with the natural teeth color. Instead of metal slots, its silica lining that’s virtually invisible.
6. Pure Clear Braces: From Ortho Tech which are made using clear sapphire brackets which are stain resistant
7. Radiance Clear Braces: From American ortho which are sapphire crystal brackets. Known to have upmost clarity and to be stain resistant with the use of clear wires.
Brooklyn, NY 11221
☎ (718) 455-4400